The Estate Agency Affairs Board (EAAB) was established in 1976 in terms of the Estate Agency Affairs Act 112 of 1976 (‘the Act’), with the mandate to regulate and control certain activities of estate agents.
The EAAB regulates the estate agency profession by ensuring that all persons carrying out the activities of an estate agent, as a service to the public, are registered with the EAAB. A Fidelity Fund Certificate (FFC), which must be renewed annually, is issued as evidence of such registration and confirmation that the holder of the FFC is legally entitled to carry out the activities of an estate agent.
The Board requires that intern estate agents complete their education and become full status estate agents within a period of 24 months from date of issue of their first FFC. In addition, all non-intern estate agents must obtain annual Continual Professional Development (CPD) points to maintain their professionalism in the industry. Should estate agents not be compliant with their education requirements, their FFC will be withdrawn and they will be unable to trade or earn a living.
This short course is designed to ensure that principal estate agents clearly understand the education requirements as laid out by the Board. The options of exemptions, recognition of prior learning, and continual professional development are explained. An qualification guide flow chart is provided to assist with determining each agent’s education needs.
Watch this informative video. Pass the quiz with a mark of 70% and you will receive 1 non-verifiable CPD point in the Mentoring & Coaching category!
CPDDREE-M2: Training Material Education Flow Chart
CPDDREE-M3: Training Material Regulation 633
De-mystifying Real Estate Education CPD course includes the following:
- A video within a power point presentation, which can be for your regular estate agency training sessions
- An easy to follow qualification flow chart to help agents understand what is required of them
- Regulation 633 is an amendment to the Estate Agents Affairs Act, and in time will be replaced by the soon to be promulgated Property Practitioners Bill. As at date hereof, September 2018, this is not yet in use.
- A multiple choice quiz secures your non verifiable CPD point
- Once all of the above has been completed, PropAcademy will issue you with a Certificate of Competency which you must print for your CPD file.
To get started, click the “Add to Cart” button above and proceed to the checkout to complete your order.