The Estate Agency Affairs Board (EAAB) was established in 1976 in terms of the Estate Agency Affairs Act 112 of 1976 (‘the Act’), with the mandate to regulate and control certain activities of property practitioners.
The Authority regulates the estate agency profession by ensuring that all persons carrying out the activities of a property practitioner, as a service to the public, are registered with the Authority. A Fidelity Fund Certificate (FFC), which must be renewed annually, is issued as evidence of such registration and confirmation that the holder of the FFC is legally entitled to carry out the activities of a property practitioner.
The Authority requires that candidate property practitioners complete their education and become full status practitioners within 24 months from date of issue of their first FFC. Also, all property practitioners must obtain annual Continual Professional Development (CPD) points to maintain their professionalism in the industry. Should property practitioners not be compliant with their education requirements, their FFC will be withdrawn and they will be unable to trade or earn a living.
This short course is designed to ensure that principal property practitioners clearly understand the education requirements as laid out by the Authority. The options of exemptions, recognition of prior learning, and continual professional development are explained. A qualification guide flow chart is provided to assist with determining each property practitioners education needs.
Watch this informative video. Pass the quiz with a mark of 70% and you will receive 1 non-verifiable CPD point in the Mentoring & Coaching category!
CPDDREE-M2: Training Material Education Flow Chart
CPDDREE-M3: Training Material Regulation 633
De-mystifying Real Estate Education CPD course includes the following:
- A video within a PowerPoint presentation, which can be for your regular estate agency training sessions
- An easy to follow the qualification flow chart to help property practitioners understand what is required of them
- Regulation 633 is an amendment to the Estate Agents Affairs Act and will be contained in The Property Practitioners Act 2019.
- A multiple-choice quiz secures your non-verifiable CPD point
- Once all of the above has been completed, PropAcademy will issue you with a Certificate of Competency which you must print for your CPD file.
To get started, click the “Add to Cart” button above and then proceed to the checkout to complete your order. Once complete, your 10-day course will commence.