Anyone wanting to become an Estate Agent, a Facility Manager or Broker in South Africa must complete a compulsory 12-month internship as set out by the Estate Agents Affairs Board (EAAB). During this period you must be exposed to all aspects of the real estate business and gain full knowledge of the industry – and this experience must be recorded in a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE). At the end of your internship, this POE must be submitted to the EAAB.
PropAcademy, an acknowledged leader in property education in South Africa, has developed innovative online courses designed to make it easy for new agents to comply with the EAAB requirements.
With our in-depth knowledge of the world of real estate in South Africa, combined with our understanding of the EAAB requirements and the pressure this places on new estate agents and their mentors, PropAcademy’s easy on-line Intern Logbook Commercial & Industrial Premium course will guide you through your internship, making the whole experience more meaningful and less of a burden.
M1: Internship Introduction to Estate Agency Practice: Part I
M2: Internship Introduction to Estate Agency Practice: Part II
M3: Code of Conduct
M4: Fidelity Fund and Trust Account
M5: Estate Agents Act & Agents Introduction
M6: Commissions & Client Protection
M7: Property Law & Taxes
M8: Property Ownership: Part I
M9: Property Ownership: Part II
M10: Natural & Legal Persons
M11: Mandates & Commissions
M12: Lease Agreements & Legal Requirements
M13: Financial Intelligence Centre
M14: Sale Agreements
M16: Land Use
M17: Property Development Schemes
M18: Product Knowledge
M19: Develop a Business Plan
M20: Develop a Marketing Plan for Specific Property
M21: Compile an Individual Development Plan
M22: Draft an Activities Schedule
M23: Analyse the Policies & Procedures of the Estate Agency Undertaking
M24: Proposal on Enhancing the Performance of a Team
M25: Prepare a Presentation of Differing Financing Options
M26: Design a Brochure on the Registration of Title Deeds & Mortgage Bonds in the Deed Office
M27: Research Project: Code of Conduct for Estate Agents
M28: Instructions and Portfolio Checklist
The course consists of:
- The Estate Agent Affairs Board (EAAB) Intern Logbook Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) manual.
- Learning materials incorporating expert-supplied knowledge of the industry which will assist you with all your qualifications up to and including NQF Level 5.
- 17 Knowledge-focused modules that include downloadable training materials and simple multiple-choice quizzes that must be completed successfully before moving on to the next section of the Intern Logbook. These quiz sheets can be used as summary sheets for further studying.
- 10 Projects suggested by The Board are found in Modules 18 to 27. The templates guide you through the completion of the course.
- The last module helps you finalise your PoE and gives instructions on how to present it to the Board