Anyone wanting to become an Estate Agent in South Afirca has to complete a compulsory 12-month internship as set out by the Estate Agents Affairs Board (EAAB). During this period you must be exposed to all aspects of the real estate business and gain full knowledge of the industry – and this experience must be recorded in a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE). At the end of your internship, this POE must be handed in to the EAAB.
PropAcademy, South Africa’s leading property educational institution, has developed innovative online courses designed to make it easy for you to comply with the EAAB requirements.
With our indepth knowledge of the world of real estate in South Africa, combined with our understanding of the EAAB requirements and the pressure this places on you, the estate agent intern and your mentor, PropAcademy’s easy on-line course will guide you through your internship, making the whole experience more meaningful and less of a hassle.
- Internship Introduction to Estate Agency Practice: Part I
- Internship Introduction to Estate Agency Practice: Part II
- Code of Conduct
- Fidelity Fund and Trust Account
- Estate Agents Act & Agents Introduction
- Commissions & Client Protection
- Property Law & Taxes
- Property Ownership: Part I
- Property Ownership: Part II
- Natural & Legal Persons
- Mandates & Commissions
- Lease Agreements & Legal Requirements
- Financial Intelligence Centre
- Sale Agreements
- Land Use
- Property Development Schemes
- Product Knowledge
- Develop a Business Plan
- Develop a Marketing Plan for Specific Property
- Compile an Individual Development Plan
- Draft an Activities Schedule
- Analyse the Policies & Procedures of the Estate Agency Undertaking
- Proposal on Enhancing the Performance of a Team
- Prepare a Presentation of Differing Financing Options
- Design a Brochure on the Registration of Title Deeds & Mortgage Bonds in the Deed Office
- Research Project: Code of Conduct for Estate Agents
The course is made up of:
- The Intern Logbook Portfolio of Evidence manual as downloaded from the Estate Agents Affairs Board (EAAB) site.
- Knowledge of the industry which will assist you with all your qualifications up to and including NQF Level 5. The first 17 modules come with training material which you can download and simple multiple choice quizzes. These quiz sheets can be used as a summary sheets for further studying.
- Assignments / projects as set by the EAAB are contained in modules 18 to 27. We have supplied templates for ease of reference and encourage you to use these when liaising with your clients.