PropAcademy’s New Venture Creation course prepares you to succeed in a highly competitive business market and successfully open and grow your new business.
It is intended for persons who want to start, manage and grow a new small to medium business venture. The entrepreneur will be equipped with a variety of technical, business management and personal skills and strategies to help them succeed in the creation and sustenance of a business.
The successful candidate will develop a sound foundation of these skills and will obtain knowledge allowing him or her to explore a diverse range of entrepreneurial opportunities. Skills learnt will incorporate the understanding of the fundamentals of the new venture creation; concepts, principles and theories of motivation in a leadership context; innovative thinking to the development of the new venture; researching the viability of new ideas and opportunities; interpret financial documents and general administration knowledge; able to implement human resource and labour relations policies; have an understanding of the market mechanism in the new venture; implement action plans and manage production and operations as well as tender to secure business.
The qualification meets the need of the formal and informal SMME Sectors providing unit standards to be trained against, providing learners with the ability to apply complex knowledge and skills to their new venture, uplifting themselves and the community as a whole.
The New Venture Creation course includes:
- Orientation Guide and an Orientation Video to help you to understand the flow of the course material and what is expected from you
- 8 Skills Programs in the qualification, each offering a Learner Guide, Video, Workbook, interactive webinars and event
- Final Summative Assessment (FSA) where you must complete a 3-hour exam
Skills programs 1 and 2 are a pre-requisite for the qualification. If you cannot provide proof that you have passed your South African Matric/NQF Level 3 Fundamental Mathematics and Literacy second South African language, then you will have to complete SP1 and SP2. If you have proof, then you will only complete SP3-SP8 and then your Final Summative Assessment (FSA).
- Mathematics in Business
- Business Communication
- Start and run a business
- Leadership skills
- Business ethics
- Business finance management
- Professional Behavior
The course carries 149 credits made up of:
- Fundamentals: 56 credits
- Core: 82 credits
- Electives: 11 credits
Once competent, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an ability to identify and create a new venture.
- Demonstrate knowledge of interpersonal skills required in a business environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic economics within a market economy
- Manage a new venture by applying business principles and techniques.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of leadership and management
To get started on this 12-month online course, click the “Add to Cart” button above and then proceed to the checkout to complete your order.