How to find out if you are exempt from studying regulated Property Practitioner Courses?

Real Estate Course Exemptions

Any person wanting to become a Property Practitioner will have to complete his/her 12 month internship, NQF qualification, PDE exam.

Having to complete studies to enter the Real Estate space can be daunting, especially if you have spent years studying in a different field.  At PropAcademy we have de-mystified the Estate Agents Affairs Board (EAAB) exemption requirements and look forward to assisting you in obtaining an exemption in the regulated NQF qualification.

The EAAB requires that newcomers to the industry complete their 12 month intern logbook portfolio of evidence, your NQF Level 4 Real Estate and the Professional Designated Exam Level 4 (PDE4).

FET: NQF Level 4: 59097: Real Estate

Any person holding an accredited NQF level 6 or higher from a tertiary institution, that took a minimum of 3 years to complete, regardless of what the qualification is, may be exempted from NQF4 Real Estate 59097.

NQF5 20188 Real Estate

Any person holding an accredited NQF level 7 or higher from a tertiary institution, that took a minimum of 3 years to complete, regardless of what the qualification is, may be found exempt from NQF5 Real Estate.

Intern Logbook

You must have held a FFC as a registered estate agent prior to 2013


To qualify for the grant of the statutory exemption against the Professional Designation Examination (PDE) the applicant must have been issued with valid Fidelity Fund Certificates by the EAAB for a continuous (without a break) period of five years at any time prior to 15 July 2008.

Over 60’s Exemption

You must have held a valid FFC as an operating estate agent for 5 consecutive years

16 replies
  1. Nomvula Setunku
    Nomvula Setunku says:

    I want to join the real estate but not employed yet in the individual.
    I want to register with you….but am also appling for examption..aa I hve a diloma in teacing; BComm degree, Post graduate diploma in public management…
    060 675 1879

    • Courtney
      Courtney says:

      Hi Nomvula. Thank you for writing in. You do not need to be registered with the EAAB before applying for your exemptions. If you have a NQF Level 6 or higher, you may be exempt from NQF Level 4 in Real Estate. Our office will give you a call today.

  2. Cody
    Cody says:

    Good Day

    I have an NQF7 and have done 2x short courses with you in property management/development. I have also worked in the industry for the pass 3 years. I would like to get my FFC but am unable to get employment at a registered estate agency right now. What are my options?

    • Courtney
      Courtney says:

      Hi Cody,

      A NQF 7 is great, we can apply for your exemption without a FFC. In addition, I suggest more courses in Real Estate to assist with improving your CV – even more. With your exemptions in place and all of these extra courses, I can’t see why you would battle to find employment in the industry!

  3. regina
    regina says:

    I have NQF 6 in financial instruments and marketing and have 2 years in real estate experience. Would I qualify for an exemption.

  4. PPillay
    PPillay says:

    Kindly advise, I am over 60 and wish to become a Principal. My FFC 0928314.
    Please inform on process, exemption/ other.
    Thank you

  5. Courtney
    Courtney says:

    Hello, thank you for your email.
    Over 60’s exemption to date: 2021.06.09.
    * Over 60
    * Held a valid FFC issued by the EAAB for a continuous period of at least 5 years.
    * Must currently hold a valid FFC.
    Evidence will need to be compiled, and presented to the board with proof of payment of their fee, which is currently R2343.

    If you would like to proceed, we will need more info from you. Please send us your details on the contact us tab.

    • P Pillay
      P Pillay says:

      Hi Courtney
      Thank you for your response. My FFC 0928314 is current. Do I pay the R2343 fee direct to EEAB and wait for an appointment with them or obtain the appointment and pay thereafter.

  6. Nnosi Motlana
    Nnosi Motlana says:

    I have B. Come Honours and worked in Finance. Currently on Procurement. Do I qualify for exemption. What are my available options to Become an Estate agent when I retire next year


Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *